Missouri State University
ENG 100: Introduction to College Composition
Taught: Spring 2018, Fall 2018
Required of some students as determined by placement score. An introduction to the composition sequence: the purposes of whole compositions, the processes that lead to finished compositions, and the parts that combine to create compositions. Cannot be used as elective credit on any major or minor offered by the department and cannot count toward hours required for graduation. (See Missouri State University Registrar)
The course is graded pass/no pass. Final grade is determined by Portfolio Assessment conducted by committee of ENG 100 instructors and administrators within department. Students submit their choice of three pieces of work and a reflective essay (with drafts) for evaluation.
ENG 100 Syllabus and Course Policies
- Literacy History (Assignment Sheet & Rubric)
- Midterm Self-Evaluation Letter
Example Activity and Lesson (Peer Workshop)
- Week 9 Prep Notes – Memo to the Students about our weekly plans.
- Lecture on Workshop Protocol
- Author’s Note Assignment
- Instructions and Self-Assessment Handout for Workshop – Given to students as a handout, but also displayed throughout the class period as slides.